[Buddha-l] Buddhism and the "status quo"

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Fri Sep 22 09:28:06 MDT 2006

On Sep 22, 2006, at 1:44 AM, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

> Is anyone seriously making the argument that Ahmadinejad is not an
> antisemitic fascist?  I never understood Richard to say that.
>
> Tom Head
>
> Depends on what one means by "seriously," I guess. Richard,
> however, did challenge the entire statement. So let me rephrase it
> (replacing the hippie phrase), and let's see who still thinks it's
> inaccurate.
>
> So Western self-declared Buddhists (perhaps aging, perhaps not) are
> still rooting for antisemitic fascists. The more things change, the
> more they stay the same. (sigh)
>
> Dan

Hey Dan! I don't think Richard (though I can't speak for him since he
keeps insisting on speaking for himself) said he was rooting for the
anti-Semitic fascist. I think he was pointing out that the anti-
Semitic fascist had said some things about our current administration
that hit the mark. The devil himself speaks truth sometimes.