[Buddha-l] anti-Israel and anti-semitism

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Sep 27 10:07:17 MDT 2006

This conversation has gone way off topic and this is the last I shall write
on this thread. I feel the need to correct some of your misinformation.

 If you think that all Muslim women are submitting to being victims, you've
lost touch with what's going on.
There are movements among orthodox Muslim women to restore their rights as
given in the Koran, and also among not-radical Muslim women to reform Islam
itself.
Meanwhile, the predominant victims of Islamic male chauvinism ARE women, and
it has nothing to do with deserts. Similar gender disparities are found in
tropical areas as well, among non-Muslims.

I also mentioned in my original post feeling compassion for men---namely the
brothers of women who are forced to murder them to protect family honor as
well as for the men who must suffer dukkha for mistreating women --we can
add children to that one as well.
Cheers~~~~~~~~J