[Buddha-l] Re: Inducing Out-of-Body Experience

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Aug 24 09:36:32 MDT 2007

The circular logic involved here is so blatant that I wonder why it
needs to be pointed out. The assumption is that OBE's are the result of
a "mistake" that the brain makes - then researchers try to reproduce
this "mistake". The underlying assumption is never examined. Does anyone
doubt that the senses and the brain can be "fooled"? That is the only
thing that this study "proves".

There is absolutely no reason to assume that the experience being
induced in the experimental subjects has any relationship to the
phenomenon that the study claims to be investigating.

- Curt