[Buddha-l] Publishing books (was Rain)

Jion Prosser jion at jion-ji.org
Mon Aug 27 14:19:36 MDT 2007

Greetings Colleagues,

As this was brought up to the Buddha-l list, I'd like to hop on board and
parse your minds a bit.  I'm hoping to publish two separate books, one
scholastic in nature and one on a more personal front.

The scholastic work will detail an English-language translation of the
Japanese Tendai "shido kegyo" esoteric rites as transmitted in Japan.  It's
tough material and liturgical in many parts.

The more personal publication is a descriptive work of what it's like to
endure Japanese seminary as a non-Japanese.

Should any of you have suitable (and affordable... on a personal budget with
no higher-learning institution to foot the bill) alternatives for publishing
(contacts too?), please do share.

Kindest regards,
-Rev Jion Prosser
The Jiko-ji temple, California