[Buddha-l] Loving your object of study

L.S. Cousins selwyn at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 3 11:45:13 MST 2007

Dan, Curt:

I rather incline to agree with this interpretation. The placing of
these two discourses in adjacent position strongly suggests:
a) samatha and wisdom are alternative forms of putting the teachings
into practice;
b) both are envisaged as legitimate and presumably therefore as
leading to the same goal. I would take this as implying that both are
considered as necessary.

Lance