[Buddha-l] Re: unmarried adult male bashing

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Dec 14 16:57:20 MST 2007

On Friday 14 December 2007 15:42, Jim Peavler wrote:

> And, I certainly hope, it doesn't stop one from contributing to
> Buddha-l!!

BUDDHA-L has been recognized by the Department of Homeland Security as an
intelligence-free zone. Since it takes a certain amount of intelligence to
maintain an ego, I assume that means this list is also an ego-free zone.

> You might have (gratefully) noticed that I contribute much less than
> I did in my prime.

In the past there were more people who seriously needed ribbing. Most of them
eventually took the hint and unsubscribed. Since you always delivered some of
our prime ribs back when you were in your prime, I figured your relative
silence in recent years was due to a want of people worthy of ribbing. But
that is no doubt projection on my part.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy