[Buddha-l] Driving to Religion

Bruce G. Seidner, Ph.D. bseidner at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 24 09:00:47 MST 2007

I have MapQuested 'Religion' but continue lost. I remain a member and
scout of the Fuckawe tribe, traveling from bluff to bluff, hand to brow,
eying the horizon and shouting, "We'the Fuckawe!"

In the meantime, my 5th grade daughter came home from school this week
having been warned of the anti-Christian movie Golden Compass. Several
of her peers had entire Sunday school classes devoted to this malignant
menace posing as a harmless children's fantasy movie ahead of the
Christmas break. (It is called Christmas break by these folks because
they are blissfully ignorant of any other cultural expression that
celebrates the solstice and more sunshine, ahem, the coming of Light.)
The parents of this evangelical tribe have also been beating the jungle
drums imploring fellow parents, for the love of god, to boycott the film.

Of course we had to go and it is great good fun as these things go. Kind
of like if Heisenberg had a whimsy and decided to write a Narnia of his
own. I just saw that the Vatican has condemned the movie as
anti-Chrisitan as well but I just think they are envious of Magisterim's
digs. They make the Vatican look like a road side attraction.

Bruce

--

Bruce G. Seidner, Ph.D.
1111 Northshore Drive

865.584.0171 office
865.584.0174 fax
bseidner at earthlink.net
http://www.northshore-group.com/Bio_Seidner.html

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer.