[Buddha-l] Enlightened golems

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Sun Jun 10 23:35:34 MDT 2007

Michael wrote:

>The following is a brief review of Sharing Begley's _Change Your Mind,
>Train Your Brain_, subtitled "How a new science reveals our
>extraordinary potential to transform ourselves," Foreword by the Dalai
>Lama, Daniel Goleman the Preface.

I think the book needs to be updated by adding a  new chapter on building enlightened cyborgs. Buddhism will become obsolete if the Dalai-Lama, Alan Wallace's meditation guinea-pig retreat team and the rasayana researchers at Tel Aviv University get together to develop a neuromemory chip that will guarantee awakening for all. Who needs upadeshas when you can have your neurons do all the hard work?

"This is like teaching by liberation," Ben-Jacob says. "We liberate the excitatory neurons to do what they want to do."

SCIENCE NEWS
June 06, 2007
A Step Toward a Living, Learning Memory Chip
Israeli scientists imprint multiple, persistent memories on a culture of neurons, paving the way to cyborg-type machines
By Nikhil Swaminathan
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0306422B-E7F2-99DF-3809798634B2D416&chanID=sa003