RE: [Buddha-l] Reïncarnation is a memoryproblem

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jun 12 08:53:58 MDT 2007

Unfortunately, the article says too little about the research design to make
an informed judgment.
Were the subjects who believed in past lives people who believed in them
before hypnosis, or only after? Was the control group hypnotized and given
the same suggestions that were given to the past-lives group? The journal
where the article was published is not online so I can't check the original
article.
However, the other mentioned research, on alien abductees, reminds me of the
plague of sexual molestation of children stories that took over the media in
various parts of this country about a decade ago, where it was finally
determined that the child reports were based on suggestion involving social
worker and other interviews.

Joanna

Comments anyone?

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/070406_past_lives.html