[Buddha-l] philosophical (as opposed to agnostical) buddhism

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 10:02:54 MDT 2007

Erik,

I respectfully disagree with your characterization of agnosticism. As I
understand the term, it is a stance one comes to after vigorous
investigation of the question of knowledge of a given subject. And the
stance is held in dynamic tension from continuing to ponder the
question at hand.

Agnosticism is not at all dismissive of effort. Are you may be equating
agnosticism with apathy?

Michael

--- Erik Hoogcarspel <jehms at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Curt, I welcome your suggestion to replace the term 'agnostic' with
> 'philosophical'. Agnosticism is just mental laziness.

[snip]