[Buddha-l] Re: Magic

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Wed Jun 20 07:22:10 MDT 2007

>Also, we forgot the non-rebirth was imposed after a hard therapy which
>started in 5th century and arriving until 18th century.

If you look at it from a slightly different perspective, there was a concept of "rebirth" even in the official dogma of the Catholic church. There is some sort of 4 gati system: earth, hell, purgatory and heaven. What the rebirth doctrine and Christian dogma share is some sort of an immortal soul. Buddhism can try to explain away that idea, but it will only convince those who accept those explanations. Mostly Buddhists.

Joy