[Buddha-l] Re: Magic

bclough bclough at aucegypt.edu
Wed Jun 20 09:38:29 MDT 2007

While we're on the subject of magic and miracles and people's resistance to their presence in Buddhist traditions, I would like to hear about influential pieces of scholarship that present Buddhsim as wholly rationalist and thus completelty against assertions of the existence of supernormal phenomena. I'm writing a piece that is trying to argue that scholarship has not paid enough attention to supernatural concerns in Buddhism because it has been seen as wholly rationalist, and would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Brad Clough

The American University in Cairo
bclough at aucegypt.edu