[Buddha-l] Re: Magic

Tom Head tom at tomhead.net
Sat Jun 23 10:39:12 MDT 2007

Joy Vriens wrote:
> I don't know anything about it either. And the three homicides don't
> sound good at all. I have the impression that a lot of various ideas
> and phantasies are thrown into the bag of Satanism. A manichean master
> of evil (I have never understood the notion of evil), features of
> Dyonisios (or Shiva according to ALain Danielou) and Dyonisian gods
> like Pan etc. with all the hedonistic baggage of indulgence and
> debauchery, everything connected to magic and those who deliver it and
> simply everything that is considered deviant by society.
My experience is that most satanists are young, unhappy, working-class
heartland men who have been raised negatively in a Christian environment
and want a way to express their hostility towards the religion of their
parents and towards authority in general.  The vast majority of
satanists are not violent people; just miserably unhappy ones.

Cheers,

TH