[Buddha-l] Filtered Buddhism

Franz Metcalf franzmetcalf at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 26 10:40:31 MDT 2007

Katherine,

> Someday, if I ever have the time and funding to do it,
> I'd like to research the differences among all these
> centers in Latin America.  For my part, I'm at the
> point where I'd rather be at a center that lacks a
> "U.S. filter."  There are only a couple of them here.

Thanks for that provocative post. Have you seen Cristina Rocha's _Zen
in Brazil_? I've not yet read it, and of course Costa Rica is a
different cultural context from Brazil, but I'm pretty sure it
addresses some of the issues you want to explore.

Franz

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Brazil-Cosmopolitan-Modernity-Contemporary/
dp/082482976X/ref=sr_1_1/102-0875004-0683341?
ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182875920&sr=8-1