[Buddha-l] David Loy

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Oct 2 14:03:11 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 11:31, jkirk wrote:

> Looks as if David Loy has reutrned to the US.

Yes, I think he returned about a year and a half ago. It's good to have him
back in the heart of the evil empire, hurling his Buddhism-inspired critiques
at the dead-certain emperor.

Loy is just about the only person I have read who has convinced me (for a
minute or two) that there might actually be something of value in
non-dualism. He is a good stylist and writes thought-provoking material. AND,
as if that isn't enough, I'm pretty sure he knows how to spell Ken Wilber's
name, even though he seems to resist temptations to actually write sentences
in which the name "Wilber" appears. (My spelling checker is beeping and
blinking ferociously, in a cybernetic counterpart of a caterwaul. It demands
that I change "Wilber" to "Wilbur." But without Ken's permission, how dare I
comply? If I change the spelling, the terrorists will have won.)

--
Richard P. Hayes
Department of Philosophy