[Buddha-l] Re: buddha-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17

Elihu Smith elihusmith at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 07:30:37 MDT 2007

Re "Kucinich said he tried
> to get the NYT to admit
> they mistranslated what Ahmadinejad said about
> Israel, that he really said
> they needed a "change in government there," not that
> Ahm. urged the
> "destruction of Israel," but the NYT would not
> change their story. Guess
> why."

 I must disagree with Kucinich - hatred for Bush and
"Big Media" seems to have blinded him. Despite the
adage, our enemies enemies are not our friends, and
certainly do not speak truths.

Al Jazeera translates as follows:

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map,"
said Ahmadinejad, referring to Iran's revolutionary
leader Ayat Allah Khomeini.

Al Jazeera quotes Ahmadinejad further:

"We should not settle for a piece of land," he said of
Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.

"Anyone who signs a treaty which recognises the entity
of Israel means he has signed the surrender of the
Muslim world," Ahmadinejad said.

"Any leaders in the Islamic umma who recognise Israel
face the wrath of their own people."

Bows,

Elihu