[Buddha-l] Re: buddha-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17

Joy Vriens jvriens at free.fr
Thu Oct 18 11:38:42 MDT 2007

Richard,

>Although I find Ahmadinejad a bit of a crackpot, I quite like him. He's a
>charming crackpot, don't you think? Elihu, you'll probably want to read my
>blog in which I extend an apology on behalf of the American people for the
>unconscionably shoddy treatment the Iranian president received in New York
>and on 60 Minutes.

A charming crackpot? Isn't he the man who said: "In Iran, we don’t have homosexuals like in your country. We don’t have that in our country. In Iran, we do not have this phenomenon. I do not know who has told you that we have it." Denying their existence is one thing, executing them another.

I think he got a proper reception and that all leaders of countries where people are executed and who talk and act agressively ought to be received in the same manner.

Joy