[Buddha-l] Re: Utah for a Jewish homeland [was: buddha-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17]

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Oct 19 20:11:12 MDT 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007 12:15, Jim Peavler wrote:

> This is a wonderful idea!! And once all the Jews (whom I happen to
> like quite a bit usually) have moved to Utah,

I see you have uncovered my hidden agenda. It has always irritated the hell
out of me that New York City and Jerusalem don't share the richness of Jewish
culture more with the rest of us. I offer Utah partly because of its
proximity to my home and native land (which I would like to see given back to
the natives whose home it truly is). Needless to say, I am not offering those
parts of Utah that are rightly regarded as the sovereign nations of the
Navajo, Utes and Shoshone (not that being sovereign nations has done them
much more good than being an autonomous region has done for Tibet).

> we could just go ahead
> and trade Nevada to Mexico in exchange for Baha!

I'm against any more trades. The US does not honor its agreements with much of
anyone. Having demonstrated its ability to play nicely, I think the USA
should just be kicked out of the sandbox. For a long time I have backed the
proposal to give Nevada, California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas should
just be given back to Mexico (except for those parts that belong to the
Navajo, Apaches, Comanches and so on), thus making Mexico the largest nuclear
power on the planet. Just between you and me, I trust the Mexicans with
nuclear bombs a hell of a lot more than I trust Americans with them.

As long as I'm giving things back to their rightful owners, I have decided to
give New York City back to the Dutch. New Yorkers are clearly much more in
tune with the finest of European and African culture than with the corn
roasts of Iowa and Nebraska, never mind with the culture-free zones known as
Wyoming and Idaho. The USA does not deserve New Amsterdam. Give it back to
the Netherlands. (This, as you know, is official buddha-l policy.)

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy