[Buddha-l] Re: Utah for a Jewish homeland [was: buddha-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 17]

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Sat Oct 20 10:55:01 MDT 2007

On Oct 20, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Richard Hayes wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 10:55 +0200, Joy Vriens wrote:
>
>> While you're at it, could you also give back Louisiana to the French?

While we are returning stolen property, I would sure like to have my
great granddad's 400,000 acres along the Bon Femme just west of St.
Louis returned to me. After serving as a "Scout and Spy" for the
rebel cause i the Revolution he drifted west (out of boredom
presumably). He got a nice job fighting indigenous squatter for the
Spanish, who out of gratitude gave him 400,000 acres of some of the
most beautiful country in Missouri.  Suddenly, however, his property
became part of France, but before they could take his Spanish land
from him he became an American citizen again when Jeff. bought the
whole shebang. The US congress decided that, even though he was a
decorated veteran of the Revolution, his Spanish Grant was worthless
(Daniel Boone, his neighbor, underwent similar real estate surgery at
the same time). So they both moved their families' a little further
west and started over.

Anyhow, I have been just a little resentful of the US government ever
since. I have visited my property several times, especially where my
grand uncles three children were scalped by some of the locals while
they were playing out near the barn.

No wonder I am anti-social.

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org