[Buddha-l] the true authority on meanings and nonsense

Joy Vriens jvriens at free.fr
Tue Oct 23 01:42:00 MDT 2007

Richard,

>I suspect all this antipathy
>toward Hindi and Bengali stems from my life-long seething outrage at American
>English as a graveyard of the mangled corpses of so many once-beautiful
>words, kidnapped from other languages and then mutilated beyond recognition
>by the inflexible American tongue, driven by the even less pliable American
>mind.

I know, it took me a while after hearing Bush's speech about hunting down all terr'ists, which had me hiding my cameras, flowery shirts and shorts and flip flops straight away, that the good man didn't mean tourists but terrorists.  My wife and me had a good laugh about it and felt very relieved. Little did we know... But I'm digressing.

Joy