[Buddha-l] on the South Korean hostages

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 12:21:46 MDT 2007

Hello all,
Thanks for that report from the middle of Korea. Some of the (Christian-raised)
Koreans I have met were surprised that I was interested in Buddhism, and
added that they never had the least encouragement to investigate that
tradition.
As for a couple of Richard's comments:
(1)
I myself would probably vote Republican if they would just field some decent
candidates. Moreover, I can't imagine that anyone who really understood
Confucius would vote for the kinds of Republicans now standing as candidates.
-----
I think they did. Didn't they put forth as candidate Abraham Lincoln?
(2)
Is there not a saying in India that every teacher is killed by his disciples?
(One of my Sanskrit teachers told me that once. Unfortunately, I had no
choice but to kill his disciples? (One of my Sanskrit teachers told me that
once. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to kill him.)
----
Does this mean that you were his only student?
with metta,
Mitchell

In memoriam Robert Solomon:
http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/books/TheInnerPalace/TIP_RCS.html
For information on psychotherapy with links of interest:
http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/mentalhealth.html
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa