[Buddha-l] Dangerous religious literature?

Joy Vriens jvriens at free.fr
Wed Sep 12 00:47:15 MDT 2007

Hi Richard,

>Frankly, I can't think of anything more difficult that agreeing on which books
>in Buddhism are so important that they surely must be on a list of the only
>150 books that a prisoner can read. The whole idea of coming up with a list
>of allowed books seems preposterous to me.

I remember how during a visit to the Kilmainham Jail in Dublin I was struck by the sculpted image above the prison gate of chained monsters. That was probably the image that was to be reflected back to the (often political) prisoners entering through the gate. So I would like some books on your list that could contribute to restoring a damaged self image and that teach the possibility of "redemption" if you like to compete with them Christians. A book on Buddha Nature e.g.

Joy