[Buddha-l] Tao-Sheng

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Fri Sep 14 18:17:12 MDT 2007

Bob Zeuschner wrote:
> There should be lots of sources on Tao Sheng.
> I know that there is a fairly good explanation in
> Fung Yu-lan, _A History of Chinese Philosophy_, Vol. 2, translated by
> Derk Bodde.
> Bob Zeuschner
> Dept. of Philosophy

Thanks for that! I had previously read bits and pieces of the first
volume - which I enjoyed very much. This gives me a good reason the read
the whole thing - because, after all, one doesn't want to just pluck
Tao-Sheng out of his proper context.

And I just remembered another source that I already have that I forgot
to list before:

(4) "Tao Sheng's Theory of Sudden Enlightenment Re-examined" by Whalen
Lai, which is included in "Sudden and Gradual: Approaches to
Enlightenment in Chinese Thought" edited by Peter Gregory.

Curt Steinmetz