[Buddha-l] News from Burma: bludgeoning monks bythe'lone-tein

Joy Vriens jvriens at free.fr
Fri Sep 28 09:18:00 MDT 2007

Chris,

http://pmindia.nic.in/write.htm> - the message needs to be 500 characters or
>less and since the submit button disappears after a couple of minutes you may
>first need to compose the message off-line so you can cut and paste it into the
>form.

I just did.

I read the following
"Chief Cabinet Secretary Nobutaka Machimura said on Friday that Tokyo would "urge the Myanmar [Burma] government to find out the truth about [Kenji Nagai's] death".

He said "at this stage we have not decided to suspend grant aid," but added that they would watch how the international community responds in terms of aid to events in Burma.

New Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda described Mr Nagai's death as "really deplorable", but said Japan needed to consult with other countries before "hastily slapping sanctions".

Japan has withheld some aid from Burma since pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi was detained in 2003.

But it funds emergency and humanitarian projects on a case by case basis, and is one of the military regime's significant trading partners."
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7017636.stm

So it could be worthwhile writing to the Japanese Prime Minister. Does anyone know the address? The best I found is this, but I expect there me more precise information in the Japanese part of the website. http://www.kantei.go.jp/foreign/forms/comment.html