[Buddha-l] Fwd: "Peace in Burma" Gathering Saturday September 29 at the UN for Metta with the Burmese monks

Richard Hayes dayamati at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 10:11:10 MDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sam Trumbore <strumbore en uumin.org>
Date: 28 Sep 2007 07:47
Subject: [UUBF-L] Buddhist Peace Fellowship "Peace in Burma" Gathering
Saturday September 29 at the UN for Metta with the Burmese monks
To: uubf-l en lists.uua.org

   Passing this on for UU Buddhists in the New York City area.  Sam

   Dear friends in the dharma,

       If you are able to, please consider participating in this
   demonstration of support for the people and monks of Myanmar (Burma), and
   pass this information along.

          Gassho,
               Jerry Lindauer
               Mt. Equity Zendo Jihoji
              Unitarian Universalist Society of Germantown Buddhist
   Meditation Group

   'Peace in Burma' Gathering at United Nations
   New York City

   Saturday, Sept. 29

   WHEN: Saturday September 29 from noon to 1 PM

   WHERE: Dag Hammersjold Plaza (47th St. & 1st Ave.),
   Katherine Hepburn Garden,
   between 2 fountains closest to 1st Ave.

   WHAT: Metta With the Burmese Monks:

   May all beings be free from suffering.
   May all beings be free from fear.
   May all beings be happy.

   HOW: Bring cushions and wear red or maroon if you can. We'll display the
   NY BPF banner and a sign with the above words. We'll chant together.

   if you'd like to make a sign, we suggest: 'Peace in Burma'

   WHO: Word of this event is being spread regionally and nationally. All
   peace-loving people are welcome.

   More info: info en bpfny.org or call 212-545-4123

   Note: On Saturday, contact event coordinator Mo
   (Maureen) Malvern by cell at 850-559-6169

   in peace,
   Judy Seicho Fleischman and Mo Malvern
   Buddhist Peace Fellowship/ NY Metro Chapter
   www.bpfny.org

   http://www.bpf.org/html/whats_now/2007/ny_burma.html

   Faithfully yours,
   Sam Trumbore <strumbore en uumin.org> http://www.trumbore.org/sam/