[Buddha-l] Our correspondent on irreversible changes in Burma

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Sep 29 14:12:30 MDT 2007

  Thanks Joanna, for posting this article. I think there's a lot of truth in
it, the days of the junta seem to be numbered, but we don't know if it's a
large number or not. It looks like the sangha has changed to. A monk was
quoted “I’d rather have democracy for our people than nirvana for myself.”
Has Theravada Buddhism changed?

Erik