[Buddha-l] from Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Dec 7 07:36:06 MST 2008

Gary wrote:
*What Would the Buddha Buy?
<http://www.adbusters.org/forward/emailref?path=node/1692>
*
*by Abdul*

When you and your family gather together this year, don't get
caught up in the fatal frenzy of consumerism. Pledge to celebrate
Christmas differently.
Revaluate what really matters and replace the plethora of
impersonal gifts with something more meaningful: spending time
with each other.
 Click here to read more
<http://www.adbusters.org/forward/emailref?path=node/1692>

=========================

Thanks for the link, Gary. I had just been wondering how to
approach my family on this very issue :) Was hoping to instigate
a Green Christmas attitude (cutting down on the tons of paper and
fancy but wasteful packaging that always ensues); hoping for
exchanging food gifts instead. We always spend time with each
other, but it has always been contaminated (IMHO) with consumer
excess.
Of course, folks who don't have families that regularly meet
around this holiday can emulate Scrooge, and also more easily
choose to avoid the waste or even ignore the whole thang.

Cheers, Joanna