[Buddha-l] Buddhist insiders in UK Education

phra nicholas thanissaro thanissaro at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 03:26:57 MST 2008

In Britain Buddhism is taught about in most State schools. Buddhist
'insiders' i.e. practioners/adherents contribute to this process by, for
example, going into schools as guest teachers, hosting schoolchildren's
visits to their temples, assisting curriculum development and (more rarely)
contributing to education policy-making. Academic description or evaluation
of this Buddhist role is sparse, as far as I can tell. I am trying to put
together a review of sources for my work at Warwick University. Any
pointers, comments, advice from the mailinglist to guide me towards
literature or research in this field? Thanks.