[Buddha-l] Will this be on the final exam?

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Thu Dec 25 04:03:14 MST 2008

In message <4952E603.3090200 at cola.iges.org>, Curt Steinmetz
<curt at cola.iges.org> writes

>Actually, homosexuality and divorce are, according to Beliefnet, are
>considered no-no's by Theravadin Buddhists - and "abortion is considered
>murder":
>http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/06/What-Theravada-Buddhists-Believe.aspx

They say the same for Mahayana Buddhists. Checking what else they say, I
realise why my Mahayana score was not so high.  Under 'Belief in Deity',
they have Buddha as a 'celestial spirit with saving power of grace'  and
'omnipotence'. I am getting a refund on my Mahayana subscription - a not
inconsiderable sum for a lifetime member many times over.

--
Metta
Mike Austin