[Buddha-l] Will this be on the final exam?

Jackhat1 at aol.com Jackhat1 at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 12:31:41 MST 2008

In a message dated 12/26/2008 11:40:40 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rhayes at unm.edu writes:

> The answers to which questions on this exam would distinguish  between a
> Thera. and Mahayana Buddhist?

>>I wish I  knew. Every time I have taken it (about three times over the
past several  years), I have had a considerably higher score on the
Theravada scale than  on the Mahayana scale. That seems about right,
since I have quite a few  reservations about some things in some forms of
Mahayana. That  notwithstanding, I have never been able to identify the
specific questions  that in Rupert Murdoch's mind would distinguish a
bicyclist from a  passenger in The Grandiose Vehicle.<<
===
OK. What questions would you ask to distinguish between someone who is  Thera
or Mahayana?

Jack

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.