[Buddha-l] scientific evidence of the power of brainwaves/thoughts

S.A. Feite sfeite at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 2 09:23:56 MDT 2008

On Jul 2, 2008, at 10:54 AM, jkirk wrote:

> I hope they find something out about ADHD quick because my
> grandson suffers greatly from it. If brain neuron activity can be
> re-trained, all to the good--(or bad, as the case may be if the
> Bush admin. gets extended by McCain.)
> Joanna

They already have--and there's an increasing amount of science and
new research under way on this topic. If you are interested in this
topic I suggest you check out InnerKids which uses Mindfulness
meditation and is taught in schools. They have an email list:

http://www.innerkids.org

Other avenues are:

Mindfulness Integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (MiCBT) http://
www.mindfulness.net.au

Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Children (MBCT-C)
www.mbct.co.uk   www.mbct.com

The Goenka folks also teach Vipassana for children:

www.dhamma.org

-Steve