[Buddha-l] Question about Chinese orthography

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu Jul 3 11:10:43 MDT 2008

 Perennial Favorites wrote:

> And btw, "does a dog have buddha nature?" was the koan that
made me
> want to avoid koans.

If you really put your mind to it, you can avoid koans for
decades. I've managed to practice Buddhism for forty years
(including a decade of Zen) without brushing up against a koan.
The one about the dog had the same effect on me as it reportedly
had on you. After all, how much sense does it make to ask a
question about a dog and then get the answer "Mooo"?

--
Richard Hayes

Does a cow have Buddha nature?

Joanna