[Buddha-l] Source of quote?

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Jul 18 13:10:06 MDT 2008

Incurable peacenik that I am, I naturally subscribe to the Daily Peace
Quote service. Every now and then the peace quote drives me crazy,
especially when it does as the following does, namely, to attribute
something to The Buddha without any further indication of whose imagined
Buddha they are thinking of. The following quote does not sound at all
like any Buddha I have ever heard of. I suspect they meant to say Buber.
Actually, what I really suspect is that some bozo smoked a joint and
started channeling Timothy Leary and, not having the courage to say
where he really got this quote, attributed it to the Buddha. But I'm
always willing to stand corrected, except of course when I'm right.