[Buddha-l] Linux as a Buddhist practice

Alberto Todeschini at8u at virginia.edu
Sat Jul 26 12:34:14 MDT 2008

> From: "Warner Belanger" <wbelanger at gmail.com>

> For those of you using Linux distros, what do you use to input diacritics
> for Asian languages like Sanskrit?
> Warner

Hi Warner,

I use SCIM for Sanskrit, Chinese and Japanese. As far as Sanskrit is
concerned, the input method is great (technically speaking, it's the
input method for Hindi, so that's what you should look for). But SCIM
itself occasionally is a little buggy. For instance, if I exit it, it
occasionally kills Firefox, OpenOffice and the Gnome Terminal. In my
experience with KDE, it is even less reliable. But as you know the
results on your hardware with your own distro and your settings may be
very different from what I get.

Feel free to contact me off list if you need more assistance.

Best,

Alberto Todeschini