No subject

Mon Jul 21 19:59:37 MDT 2008

specially I know Jodorowsky, who is very popular in the
spanish-Speaking world. He is a funny, lucid, and bon-vivant person,
with an interesting autobiography half-truth and half-lie, without a
definitive way to know where are the limits. He have developed another
new thing, and very interesting, called "Psico-magics". Of course
with the subsequent chain of books, conferences, etc... Psico-magics
is real and quite effective.

How it works?. In example, somebody visit to the Psicomagic because he
feel anguish: a Tarotist predicted  him his own death together with a
big lose of money. The Psicomagic knows that acting in the rational
mind will be useless, therefore he order the patient to write 6 zeros
in a 20 dollars bill. Later, he order to him kill a fly, put the fly
corpse inside the bill, and burry all this under ground. In this way,
the prediction will be accomplished losing his power for the
unconsciouss mind. It is a brilliant idea, and it works. However, it
is not a new thing but a way practiced by shamans from always.

Where is the business?. First, Jodorowski claims tha only himself and
his son are able to get a total success. From here the logical space
for the business with books and conferences. Second, the origins of the
thing must be hidden until possible. I mean: he don't give too much
details (or only a general mention) of his inspiration sources
(despite are quite obvious). Anyway, the people able to detect the
sources are a minority, while his public target is of another type.

I don't have enough knowledge of the Enneagram but quickly one can
check how the apparent coincidences with the kabbala tradition is not
by chance. Those people where knowers of some things in that
tradition. I have pointed to Abulafia among probably some others.
Believing  the contrary thing sounds really innocent. It doesn't mean
the Enneagram is not a valid tool, and that inspiration can be better
at all. As I mentioned before,  this transmission of knowledge is a
common thing in any time.

So my comment was not a critique to invalidate the Enneagram invention
despite I cannot see the benefits for the Buddhist path. It can be
useful in a psychological level as many other tools. Personally, I'm
not a fan of the skeptic's spectacle of our times. Here also one can
find free-thinkers and also the same international networks with
second goals.

Sure I need more readings related with the names that you have kindly
provided to understand the actual importance of Enneagram. However,
what I miss in your defence or the rest of defences, are the books
detailing the origin of this invention. As you are a rational person,
probably you can agree it's quite strange that the origins of this
important "new tool" cannot be traced with more precision.
There are only mentions to some names (Ichazo, Naranjo, Oupensky,
etc...) A people who claim a privileged knowledge of ancient sources
(Caldeans, Kabbala, etc...). I mean: to me it's very hard to digest
that today we can have more information of sources used by medieval
kabbalists than of a group of guys of XX century.

Also, there is a second level in that procedure which cover a less
quality works. Maybe you don't know the amount of people who go to
remote lands, sleeping in a 4-stars hotels and goes in touristic Jeeps
to make some photos in order to create his own future character.
Later, they return to home and write some books about Secret Masters,
the hidden way of Shao-lin monks, the secret transmission of
Egyptians, etc... From ancient times, our History is replete of these
charlatans, and frequently they have appeared in the literature and
comedia genre ridiculed by the classic authors.
But the funny thing, is when sometimes, some of them are truly a seed
of movements of enough importance. Frequently because the honest and
interesting work of the people who succeeds them. Other times because
that movement become a sociological, political or intelligence tool of
interest. Giving names today would be an unethical thing, even illegal
or dangerous in some places.

best regards,