[Buddha-l] ?????

Richard Breedon rebreedon at ucdavis.edu
Tue Oct 7 18:04:38 MDT 2008

Black holes are considered to be as impermanent as anything else in
the universe, if indeed it is true that they eventually decay due to
Hawking radiation.

Due to the time dilation of general relativity, from an outside
observer's perspective, an object would take forever to fall into a
black hole (it eventually would sort of disappear from view). If an
observer on the object itself could somehow stay intact, it would not
know when it passed the event horizon, but looking backwards
everything would dramatically speed up.

Please observe this simultaneous recording from two of our web cameras
on the CMS Experiment from the 10 Sept. startup of the Large Hadron
Collider at CERN, where obviously everything I have written above is
violated:
  http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html

One of those cars was mine...

Richard Breedon
Research Physicist, CMS Collaboration, CERN
University of California, Davis