[Buddha-l] ?????

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Thu Oct 9 08:15:00 MDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Kate Marshall wrote:

> Actually most Australians aren't descended from the convicts.  Many
> of our
> ancestors were immigrants from Europe, China and America who came over
> because of the gold and copper discoveries in the 1850s and others
> were
> free-settlers. Many more Europeans etc came over after that and so it
> continues today. But, hey, why let facts get in the way of a good
> story!

I had supposed that Aussies were proud of their criminal heritage.
Most of our current population here (excepting the natives) came here
because they were starving, and only became criminals later. Many of
them we elect to be our leaders. Being a criminal where I live is an
honor. In fact people wear elaborate tattoos to show their criminal
standing it.

I'm not a professional criminal myself, of course. I quit working for
the government several years ago.