[Buddha-l] Perhaps the Buddhists in Korea have finally had it?

Lidewij Niezink lidewij at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 01:47:14 MDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I am currently in South Korea, traveling the country. One thing that has
been surprising me is the amount of christian churches one finds scattered
all over any place we go. We keep on looking for these hidden temples here
(beautiful and very inspiring by the way), but all we get smacked in the
face are crosses on large buildings.

As far as the practice of Buddhism is concerned. I am very curious what the
experts on this list could tell me about the authenticity of the Buddhist
practitioners over here. I just spent 4 months in Nepal studying abhidharma
with the Tibetans. Although i feel very strongly committed to learning the
Dharma, the Tibetan wholesale of Buddhism has been testing my practice of
patience and equanimity to the fullest extent. Anyone any ideas or resources
on the practice overhere?

Thanx,
Lilli

--