[Buddha-l] Purpose of life

[DPD Web] Shen Shi'an shian at kmspks.org
Mon Sep 1 21:00:47 MDT 2008

As life and death is meaningless,
only transcendence of life and death is meaningful.
When one helps all to do likewise life after life,
life and death becomes infinitely meaningful.

- Stonepeace

Undergoing countless rebirths per se is pointless if they do not somehow lead us to True Happiness, which is attained by ending rebirth; by realising Nirvana. When we aspire to break free of rebirth for ourselves, and help others do the same, rebirth in Samsara as practising or enlightened Bodhisattvas becomes meaningful.