[Buddha-l] Buddhism online

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Thu Dec 3 10:31:31 MST 2009

......This Online Retreat will consist of three audio dharma
talks by Sharon Salzberg, which will be posted today (November
30th), and on December 7th and 14th. Guided meditations are
included in the talks.

After
listening to these talks, you will have the chance to submit a
question for the teacher and participate in moderated
discussions. Selected questions will be answered by the teacher
in audio recordings posted on December 7th, December 14th, and
December 21st. You will also be able to discuss the teachings
with your fellow retreatants.

We will be hosting more teachers in coming months and we invite
you to join us for a year of practice and community.

Now there was a time where bodily involvement used to be crucial
for a retreat in order to have any effect. I guess I'm just old
fashioned if there will ever appear a next Buddha it will have to
be online.

Erik

=============

"Now there was a time where bodily involvement used to be crucial
for a retreat in order to have any effect. I guess I'm just old
fashioned if there will ever appear a next Buddha it will have to
be online."

Alas, you might be only too right about it. The next Buddha will
appear in avatarland along with everybody else's avatars and they
can all enjoy avatar practice and avatar nirvana...
unless of course they take the bodhisattva avatar vow.

As for tricycles---here used not only by partially disabled folks
but by perfectly able people wishing not to use the car for
grocery shopping, so above the back two wheels is a large square
wire basket that can be filled with the week's groceries and thus
provide even more exercise to the rider on her way home. Not for
me, thanks--I'll take the bicycle machine at the gym.
Joanna