[Buddha-l] How Gallup, Pew & Templeton Pro$elytize in the Guise of "Research"

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 27 03:20:08 MST 2009

Op 27-12-2009 7:50, Randall Jones schreef:
> At 06:10 AM 12/27/2009, Curt Steinmetz wrote:
>

>> India is ranked by the Pew report as MUCH worse than China when it comes
>> to religious freedom!
>>
> Actually, the Pew report ranks China higher in "Government
> Restrictions," while India is ranked higher in "Social Hostilities."

That's true, but that doesn't mean the report isn't crap. If you realise
that for many Chinese China is a religion, or Communism, the picture
changes dramitically. I didn't scrutinize the methods used, but it looks
like they used data from 2006-2008. Moreover it's difficult to separate
social tensions from religious one, perhaps there's flaw. Define
Kashmere as a 100% religious conflict and India comes out as a place of
religious suppression.

erik