[Buddha-l] "Western Self, Asian Other"

JKirkpatrick jkirk at spro.net
Wed Dec 30 19:32:51 MST 2009

Reading Richard's thoughtful exposition of Scharf's idea, an
invigorating take on the issues at hand, I came across a matter
of digital text that makes me wonder if my use of quote marks
when citing something is perceived in other folks' screens.
For example:
...........by _Buddhist apologists_ (not _scholars of Buddhism_,
I've noticed that some people as Richard did, above, use
underline marks next to a cit., others use * marks, I use
quotation marks. I need to know if quote marks are visible, or if
they just disappear on some formats? Should I use the underline
marks as Richard does, above? Are they more readable by different
kinds of whatevers?

Sorry for this bit of punc-pedantry, but this has been bugging me
for some time so I need to know.
Please advise, y'all..and thanks for any help with it.

Joanna