[Buddha-l] Ban-ki Moon in Burma seeking release of Aung SanSuuKyi

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sat Jul 4 09:10:33 MDT 2009

I bet Daw Aung San was even less surprised.
If ever there was a paper not-tiger-but-mouse, it's Ban Ki-moon!
(I wonder what his Asian zodiac sign is~~~?) In everything he
does he has to end up saying how deeply disappointed he is.

Might be time for the effective agencies of the UN, like maybe
the ILO and WHO,  to split off and the rest of it to disappear.
It has never had an effective leader so far as international
politics goes; it's just another typical do-nothing bullshit
bureaucracy. Nobody today puts any credibility in the politics of
the UN, nor the ineffective ministrations of its leaders,
especially of the present one. Look how the previous occupant of
the position botched the Rwanda massacres!
(Sort of appealing to have some official agent to thrash as
replacement for G.W. Bush. Another reminder that we're not there
yet. Oh--where???)

JK

===========

Joanna will not be surprised:

Myanmar Denies U.N. Chief a Meeting
By NEIL MacFARQUHAR
Published: July 4, 2009

NAYPYIDAW, Myanmar - Ban Ki-moon, the United Nations secretary
general, said Saturday that his request to see the democracy
leader Daw Aung San Suu Kyi had been rejected by the country's
ruling generals.

"I am deeply disappointed," Mr. Ban said, news agencies reported.

the rest at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/world/asia/05myanmar.html?_r=1&
hp

Duh !??