[Buddha-l] S. Anand of _Navayana_

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Mon Jul 6 13:56:58 MDT 2009

X-posted--some on this list might be interested in this
publication, since he takes an Ambedkarite position on caste.
Joanna
=============================

H-ASIA
July 6, 2009

Member self-introduction: S. Anand of Navayana (and call for
articles)
From: S. Anand <anand at navayana.org>

Dear members of H-Asia

Hello everyone. I am S. Anand, publisher of Navayana
(www.navayana.org)
-- a niche, not-for-loss imprint some of you may have heard of.
Navayana focuses on issues of caste from an anticaste (broadly
Ambedkarite) perspective. Navayana publishes both an academic and
trade list.

I used to earlier work as a journalist for Outlook magazine in
Chennai.
I shifted to New Delhi two years ago following an international
award for my publishing work from the London Book Fair and
British Council. Earlier this year, I was awarded an Ashoka
fellowship (www.ashoka.org) for my "social entrepreneurship".

I continue to write occasionally for newspapers and magazines on
caste and related issues. A piece by me, on Mayawati's statues,
appeared in The Hindu Sunday Magazine today (5 July). See
http://www.hindu.com/mag/2009/07/05/stories/2009070550120400.htm

Members on this list working on caste issues are welcome to
submit proposals to Navayana.

My email is anand at navayana.org

My work address and contact details are listed in my signature
below.

Anand

--
"Indian society is a gradation of castes forming an ascending
scale of reverence and a descending scale of contempt-a system

S. Anand
www.navayana.org

Navayana Publishing
120, Ground Floor