[Buddha-l] Ordination and Vinaya

Kate Marshall marshallarts at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 22 20:52:13 MDT 2009

Could be, though to my mind all the words "lap, bosom; womb, interior;
female genital parts" imply security, warmth, comfort, support, creation,
giving, nurturing, receptiveness, intimacy, and love.

While orders and guilds are containers of people, is seems more likely to me
that "gremium" evolved to encompass orders and guilds because such are often
seen as nurturing, supportive centres for people.

Regards
Kate