[Buddha-l] women & , er, religion

Alex Wilding alex at chagchen.org
Fri Jul 24 17:32:10 MDT 2009

I take it Jayarava has given up, so this is probably my  last return to the
subject, just to clarify that the outstanding questions seem to be:

1) if you call people like yourself ordained, just what word *do* you use
for the people that many of the rest of us call "ordained" (the monks and
nuns)?

2) does your definition of "ordained" include, as it appears to, everyone
(many hundreds of thousands in the English-speaking world, I'd guess) who
has taken refuge formally, taken bodhisattva vows, received an empowerment
and so on?

All the best
Alex Wilding
Blog: http://chagchen.org/