[Buddha-l] women & , er, religion

Jayarava jayarava at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 12:42:39 MDT 2009

--- On Mon, 27/7/09, Richard Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> wrote:

> Saddharmapuṇḍarīkanāmamahāyānasūtra (the sutra of the
> grandiose vehicle called White Lotus of the Sad Dharma).

Priceless! LOL!

> His African-American friend quietly said "I think you now know how I
> feel when someone calls me a nigger."

A few months ago now I was walking along the Cam on Stourbridge Common heading out of town, this is a true story, and walking towards me was a youth who looked to be of South Asian descent. He had his cap on backwards and his trousers hanging low and was wearing those fake basketball shoes. He did that crazy hand wave thing that always reminds me of multiple sclerosis, and yelled out to someone walking behind me "YO NIGGER"! Really loud like that. I couldn't help myself and looked over my shoulder to see... a white youth dressed more of less the same. A *white* guy being called 'nigger' by an Asian guy?

I felt old.

Jayarava