[Buddha-l] Prominent Neobuddhist proposes religion based blacklisting for government jobs

Curt Steinmetz curt at cola.iges.org
Thu Jul 30 13:58:40 MDT 2009

First of all, my factual statements about Harris' biography were
preceded by the phrase "by the way", thus putting them at a safe
distance from the main thrust of my argument.

Secondly, I was attacking Harris' credentials. I neither maligned his
character nor impugned his integrity. I was making a purely objective
claim, namely, that Harris lacks the kind of scientific training that
would enable him to judge whether or not Francis Collins is capable of
"thinking like a scientist", to use Harris' own words.

Thirdly, and, by the way, I left out the best parts. But see the 2006
profile in the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/25/AR2006102501998_pf.html

(tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/y2yqhh )

Curt