[Buddha-l] Prominent Neobuddhist proposes religion based blacklisting for government jobs

Jim Peavler jmp at peavler.org
Fri Jul 31 17:12:42 MDT 2009

On Jul 30, 2009, at 8:22 PM, Richard Hayes wrote:

I would think that if Harris, as is alleged, attacked a scientist's
credentials to do a job, and Harris himself has no scientific
credentials, then pointing out his lack of the knowledge and
experience required to comment on another's scientific achievements,
then that is not an ad hominem attack. The man's credentials are open
to attack since he, without proper knowledge of what scientific
credentials might be, attacked another man for not having scientific
credentials.

This is no better than Rush Limbaugh declaring that global warming is
a hoax. I intend this as an ad hominem attack on Rush Limbaugh because
I believe that falsely contending that somehow the entire scientific
community is involved in some kind of hoax to overthrow civilization
as we know is guilty of global treason.

There I've said it.

Jim Peavler
jmp at peavler.org