[Buddha-l] Schopen lauded

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 20:49:26 MST 2009

Weng Fai,

Your citation please.

I wonder if the Mahayana monks themselves made such assertions?

What about when the monastics behave more like the laity? We have
monasteries with loads of expensive electronics, gyms, badminton hall,
cars, etc.

Nattier in "the Dharma-ending Age" says something like it is a kind of
"skillful means" to rally up support for the religion,a kind of
alarmist eschatological ploy to make people more religious. A sort of
doomsday cult.

Some non-Mahayana Buddhists take Dharma-ending on a personal level
rather than a social level.

Piya